Upcoming Workshops and Announcement

The Kilted Writer currently has two workshops scheduled in the month of June. First, I will be presenting my "Brains, Brawn, and Bravado" workshop to the Parker Writers Group, on Sunday, June 8 and again to the Colorado Springs Fiction Writers Group the following week. The CSFWG presentation is currently for members only, so please see their website for membership details.

On a completely different topic, I have recently applied for and received press credentials so I can start covering writing events as a journalist-blogger. My goal is to cover writing groups and events, including interviews of staff, faculty, and attendees, in order to educate the public on what's available to help aspiring writers master their craft.

I am still looking for an appropriate livestream platform so I can provide live coverage of major events. I have narrowed down the options and will make a decision soon. I have also created a YouTube channel where I will keep highlights from these events as well as workshops I will be presenting. My first videos will be posted after the PWG and CSFWG presentations, so be on the lookout for those video clips.

In the meantime, I will be developing a curriculum and posting more analysis for my "Let there Be Light" workshop, building up a knowledge base and reference material for people who attend a workshop, hopefully later this year.

If you have an event or group you would like me to highlight, just send an email request to kiltedwriter (at) earthlink.net. Thanks, and I hope to see you soon.

Comments